3D Laser Scanner / Field Measuring Technician
• Must be at least 18 with a High School diploma (or equivalent).
• Interact and communicate effectively (both written and oral) with in-house staff, as well as with customers.
• Be a good problem solver and make confident judgment decisions.
• Must possess the ability to manage stress and high-pressure situations.
• Computer knowledge is required.
• Must have a professional and confident attitude.
• Must have extreme attention to detail and be able to follow directions exactly.
• Must have a clean driving record and active license.
• A high degree of accuracy and exactness is extremely important in the performance of this job.
• Must be willing to undergo cross-training by working in other company segments, including but not limited to field operations and production departments.
• Travel to job sites, arrive on time to the office or job site to be available for work or travel arrangements.
• Present yourself in a professional manner at all times while ensuring the job is completed to MillerClapperton standards.
• Provide accurate building measurements utilizing our 3D scanner and other measuring methods.
• Attend a project’s Pre-Scan Meeting learning the expectation and information to complete a scan trip.
• Prepare neat, accurate, and easy to follow measurement documents for the engineering department.
• Attend and be the lead person of Post Scan meetings to present the findings of a job site visit.
• Promptly return calls, emails, and other correspondence that may originate from customers or our employees as required.
• MUST be physically able to occupy and work on commercial job sites. Lifting, bending over, kneeling, and other physical activities are required for this position.
• Must not be afraid of heights: work on platforms, aerial lifts and personnel hoist required (training provided).
• Due to stringent scheduling overtime may be required to complete an assigned task.
• Evening and weekend work may be required depending on the needs of our clients and the particular project.
• Out of state travel by car or plane will be required.
• Exposure to typical construction work areas and job site terrain.
• On the job site training will be required.
Join the MillerClapperton Team
Life At MillerClapperton
Bids / Quick Quote
Terms & Conditions