Leads all related Human Resources functions including recruiting, employee relations, talent management, training, leave, policy development and benefits. Serves as liaison for employees and supports key management initiatives.
Chief Financial Officer
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, maintain confidential information, and exercises discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, prioritization, and project management skills with attention to detail.
- Works independently with little or no supervision, collaborates with others.
- Embraces change and quick learner to adopt process and technology enhancements
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications with advanced MS Excel skills, skilled in database software, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), and other HR related applications, as well as use of common office and computer equipment.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, and investigating allegations of wrongdoing or harassment, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts exit interviews and coordinates payroll, benefits information, and return of company property with exiting employees.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Manages the administration and renewal of MillerClapperton’s benefits and wellness programs. This includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability, FSA, HSA, commuter, fitness reimbursement, EAP, COBRA, backup care, and wellness.
- Partners with Marketing on benefits communications through multiple delivery channels (e.g., intranet, recorded webinars/videos, digital displays, and mailings).
- Performs activities relating to employee discipline, involuntary terminations, performance improvement plans, employee claims, investigations, and employee relations counseling.
- Supports employee inquiries and provides accurate communication of benefits and policy information; administers FMLA, short- and long-term disability (STD/LTD) and other leave programs.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Liaise with employment agencies and internal hiring managers for executing offers; facilitate and support new hire offers and onboarding processes to acclimate new hires to the department.
- Maintains accurate and timely applicant tracking data, including maintenance of job requisitions, posting content, interview schedules, and managing end-to-end hiring process.
- Contributes new ideas to support continuous improvement in overall effectiveness of HR team. Applies basic lean concepts and practices to work efficiently, enhance programs, coordinate and reduce waste.
- Generate, analyze, interpret various metrics and distribute reports for senior leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Human Resources,
Business Administration, or related field required; 5+ years of related experience
in Human Resources; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience is
- HRCI, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is highly desired.
- Construction or construction-related industries or experience with medium-
(200+ employees) to large-sized organizations preferred.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
Join the MillerClapperton Team
Life At MillerClapperton
Bids / Quick Quote
Terms & Conditions