Installation Project Manager / Installation Manager
• Construction experience or previously employed with a commercial General Contractor is preferred.
• College or Technical School degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management experience.
• Background and experience in exterior cladding architecture, engineering, or construction is preferred.
• Must possess the ability to manage the demands of multiple active projects and multiple installation crews.
• Must demonstrate the aptitude to read and understand project specifications, architectural drawings, structural drawings, and installation drawings.
• Must demonstrate the aptitude to understand and check project installation drawings, fabrication drawings, and sheet metal flat patterns.
• Must be willing and able to collaborate, train, and mentor team members in the Field Operations department.
• Must demonstrate an aptitude to learn, understand, and teach construction sequencing, quality standards, and product limitations.
• Must demonstrate an aptitude to make decisions quickly and convey accurate information to installing subcontractors, Project Managers, MillerClapperton customers, and other MillerClapperton Segment Managers.
• Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks that may vary in urgency between multiple projects and multiple segments within MillerClapperton.
• Manage MillerClapperton’s Field Installation team of employees including office personnel and field personnel such as; Project Coordinators, Administrative Assistants, Superintendents, Foremen, Installers & Laborers.
• Manage Installation Department Schedule, project(s) planning, and Manpower schedule.
• Coordinating with MillerClapperton’s Superintendent(s) to source and assign installation crews to ensure a safe, timely, and cost-effective installation.
• Sourcing new labor services, Foremen, Installers and properly vetting them.
• Directly manage all aspects of the installation on assigned projects from installation start to Project Closeout.
• Have a thorough knowledge of all major project issues and priorities; prepare and submit monthly job status reports.
• Supervise and manage department team members; set goals and evaluate performance.
• Demonstrate MillerClapperton’s safety culture by driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
• Assist with pre-construction efforts as needed.
• Review and manage assigned project’s contracts, documentation and ensure that the scope of work, installation durations, and other items within MillerClapperton’s control are properly represented and noted.
• Coordinate daily with installation crews to ensure that deadlines are met in accordance with the project schedule and with the quality that is expected.
• Coordinating with MillerClapperton Project Managers to ensure that the assigned project(s) schedule requirements can be met, track material delivery, and resolve project issues.
• Traveling to project job sites to attend meetings frequently.
• Manage extra work within the project’s contractual requirements and submit internal invoices Project Managers to ensure that MillerClapperton is fairly compensated for all work performed on a project. This information will need to be prepared in conjunction with the Project Manager.
• A high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and exactness are extremely important in this position.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of MillerClapperton employees, installing subcontractors, customers, and personalities.
• Ability to manage stress and high-pressure situations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are very important to communicate with employees and customers.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills are necessary due to the demands of the position.
• Out of state travel by car or airplane will be required.
• On the job site training will be required
• Exposure to typical construction work areas and job site terrain.
• Work on platforms, aerial lifts, and personnel hoists.
Join the MillerClapperton Team
Life At MillerClapperton
Bids / Quick Quote
Terms & Conditions