Junior Project Manager
A Junior Project Manager is an entry-level position in Project Management segment. The primary purpose of a Junior Project Manager is to develop the knowledge and skills of construction project management while assisting the Project Team with the daily management, supervision, coordination, and successful completion of projects. As part of an effort to increase speed and effectiveness of the department, applicants for this position will be expected to utilize CAD software to complete job-specific tasks.
- Assisting the Project Director and other Project Managers by taking ownership of assigned tasks.
- Assisting Project Managers by ensuring that product submittals match the estimated and quoted products.
- Perform initial review of project documentation throughout the project duration. (i.e. addendums, RFIs, meeting minutes, etc.).
- Assisting Project Managers by preparing project RFIs, schedules, and other MillerClapperton related documentation.
- Perform initial review of project Shop Drawings to ensure all detail call outs and architectural references are correct while also considering scope of work, constructability, material constraints, and grain direction issues.
- Perform square foot checks and panel counts of the scope of work prior to a project’s Shop Drawing review to be compared to the totals from an estimate. Use of CAD software to complete check is expected.
- Perform material takeoffs in preparation for material requisitions and procurements for Project Manager’s approval. Use of CAD software to complete takeoffs is expected.
- Assisting Project Managers in the Part Drawing Loop by reviewing project Part Drawings through multiple rounds of changes and corrections.
- Assisting Project Managers in the preparation of a project’s production release to then be reviewed by the project’s assigned Project Manager.
- Traveling with Project Managers or in their place to project job sites to attend meetings, and/or gather field measurements or other project information.
- Attend all relevant kickoff meetings.
- Attend all relevant shop drawing review meetings.
- Attend all relevant pre-scan, post-scan, and model review meetings.
- Implement minor revisions to Part Drawings, Approval Drawings, and Models using Rhino 3D, when deemed appropriate by Project Manager.
- College or Technical School degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management is preferred.
- Background and experience in architecture, engineering, or construction is preferred.
- Background and experience in exterior cladding and/or other building products is preferred.
- Must possess a desire to learn all aspects of construction and the subcontracting business.
- Must demonstrate the ability to make sound decisions and complete the directions once taught the project management processes and procedures.
- Must demonstrate the aptitude to read and understand project specifications, architectural and structural drawings, and addenda.
- Must demonstrate the aptitude to understand and check project shop drawings, 3D models, fabrication drawings and sheet metal flat patterns.
- Must be willing and able to collaborate, train and mentor other Junior Project Managers.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude to learn and understand construction sequencing, quality standards, and product limitations.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude to make decisions quickly and convey accurate information to the Project Team.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks that may be of varying urgency to multiple members of the Project Team.
- Must possess a working knowledge of computer-aided design software (AutoCAD). Rhinoceros 3D experience preferred.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and exactness are extremely important in this position.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of MillerClapperton employees, customers, and personalities.
- Ability to manage stress and high-pressure situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are very important to communicate with employees and customers.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills are necessary due to the demands of the position.
- The aspiration to discover new technologies and offer ideas in an effort to improve processes and procedures is a plus.
- Out of state travel by car or airplane will be required.
- On the job site training will be required.
- High Exposure to typical construction work areas and job site terrain.
- Work on platforms, aerial lifts, and personnel hoists.
Join the MillerClapperton Team
Life At MillerClapperton
Bids / Quick Quote
Terms & Conditions