Project Field Specialist
The primary purpose of a Project Field Specialist is to successfully manage the field & installation scope of projects assigned from project kickoff to project completion and to complete them at or under budget. Additional purposes include the responsibility to oversee and mentor anyone involved in the field aspects of our business including but not limited to: Project Managers; Drafters; Engineering; Salesmen; and Installers. A fully capable individual who has a depth of knowledge in our subcontracting business and is capable of handling multiple projects with minimal assistance.
- Abundant field experience in the commercial construction industry, preferred a minimum of 10 years.
- Background and experience in architecture, engineering, or fabrication are required.
- Background and experience in exterior cladding and/or other building products are required.
- Must possess the ability to manage the demands of multiple projects and multiple customers.
- Must possess a desire to learn and teach all aspects of construction and the subcontracting business.
- Must demonstrate the ability to make sound decisions that lead to a successful and safe project on time.
- Must demonstrate the aptitude to read and understand project documents, architectural and structural drawings, and installation drawings.
- Must demonstrate the aptitude to understand and check project shop drawings, 3D models, fabrication drawings, and sheet metal flat patterns.
- Must be willing and able to collaborate, train and mentor other team members.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude to learn, understand, and teach construction sequencing, quality standards, and product limitations.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude to make decisions quickly and convey accurate information to Project Managers, project installer, MillerClapperton customer, and other MillerClapperton Segment Managers.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks that may vary in urgency between multiple projects and multiple segments within MillerClapperton.
- Must have a problem-solving attitude, the aptitude, and the personality to figure out solutions and convey them written and verbally to installers and managers.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA safety standards and the ability to teach them to team members. OSHA 30.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of aerial lifts, scaffolding, swing stages, and other installation equipment to be able to recommend the most efficient and cost-effective equipment required for a project.
- Directly assist all field aspects of projects from Project Kickoff to Project Closeout.
- Review and be responsible for project install setup tasks, including project plans, schedules, deadlines, goals, and objectives.
- Review and collaborate on project Shop Drawings to ensure that they accurately portray system constructability in MillerClapperton’s Scope of Work and coordinate with other trades scope before they are released to the customer for approval.
- Collaborate with Project Managers on a written project plan and schedule for the installation of the project scope.
- Coordinating with MillerClapperton Field Operations Segment Manager to source and select an installation subcontractor or in-house crews to ensure a safe, timely, and cost-effective installation.
- Coordinate with outside subcontractors and in-house installation crews to ensure that deadlines are met following the project schedule and with the quality that is expected.
- Coordinating with MillerClapperton Segment Managers to ensure that the assigned project(s) schedule requirements can be met.
- Traveling to project job sites to attend meetings or when in the best interest of the project.
- Assist field installer with site coordination, logistics, and efficiencies.
- Manage project change orders, project budgets, subcontractor’s extra work, etc. within the project’s contractual requirements to ensure that MillerClapperton is fairly compensated for all work performed on a project.
- Accurately update the project teams on milestone dates and the tracking of progress of each section of a project.
- Perform monthly “state of construction” reviews with the Project Director.
- Attend all necessary project kickoff meetings.
- Attend all necessary project shop drawing review meetings.
- Attend all necessary project pre-scan, post-scan, and model review meetings.
- Assist project team with reviewing field daily reports and timecards worked through the current time tracking system daily.
- Complete site readiness activities by visiting job sites and/or by collaborating with Field Operations Manager, Project Managers, and Field Measuring Manager/Technicians.
- Submit project progress reports, QAQC inspection reports, and Safety Audit reports to the Field Operations Manager and Project Management to help track schedules, costs, non-compliance issues, and substantiate Change Orders.
- Perform Safety Audits on project installation crews.
- Evaluate Foremen and installers’ working abilities and efficiency.
- Evaluate site conditions and recommend the proper, safest, and most cost-effective equipment to install products.
- Troubleshoot field condition problems and collaborate with managers and installers on the solutions.
- Review project installation documentation throughout the installation duration.
- Review the Installation Drawings and the Scope of Work before a project’s Pre-installation Meeting.
- Attend Pre-installation Meetings.
- Collaborate on the creation of a written project installation schedule by area and sequence.
- Evaluating new subcontract installation companies and properly vetting them to be sure the company standards and experience are acceptable.
- Review project Daily Reports when required.
- Review the project’s job installation cost to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinating with MillerClapperton Field Operations Managers, Project Managers, and installation crews to ensure that the assigned project(s) schedule requirements are on track.
- Traveling to project job sites to attend meetings, train installers, perform QAQC checks, and solve issues as they arise.
- Manage subcontractor extra work within the project’s contractual requirements to ensure that MillerClapperton is fairly compensated for all work performed on a project. This information will need to be prepared in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Collaborate on project post-mortem reports on a completed project that shall include all costs that pertain to the Field Operations.
- A high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and exactness are extremely important in this position.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of MillerClapperton employees, customers, and personalities.
- Ability to manage stress and high-pressure situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are very important to communicate with employees and customers.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills are necessary due to the demands of the position.
- Out-of-state travel by car or airplane will be required.
- On the job site, training will be required.
- Exposure to typical construction work areas and job site terrain.
- Work on platforms, aerial lifts, and personnel hoists.
Join the MillerClapperton Team
8050 Troon Circle, Austell, GA 30168
Life At MillerClapperton
Bids / Quick Quote
Terms & Conditions