- College or Technical School degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management is preferred.
- Background and experience in architecture, engineering, or construction is required.
- Background and experience in exterior cladding and/or other building products is required.
- Must possess the ability to manage the demands of multiple projects and multiple customers.
- Must possess a desire to learn and teach all aspects of construction and the subcontracting business.
- Must demonstrate the ability to make sound decisions that lead to a successful and safe project on time.
- Must demonstrate the aptitude to read and understand project specifications, architectural and structural drawings, and addenda.
- Must demonstrate the aptitude to understand and check project shop drawings, 3D models, fabrication drawings and sheet metal flat patterns.
- Must be willing and able to collaborate, train and mentor Junior Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude to learn, understand, and teach construction sequencing, quality standards, and product limitations.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude to make decisions quickly and convey accurate information to Project Managers, project installer, MillerClapperton customer, and other MillerClapperton Segment Managers.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks that may vary in urgency between multiple projects and multiple segments within MillerClapperton.
- Directly manage all aspects of the assigned projects from Project Kickoff to Project Closeout.
- Review and manage assigned project’s contracts and ensure that the scope of work, installation durations, and other items within MillerClapperton’s control are properly represented and noted.
- Review and be responsible for all product submittals matching the estimated and quoted products before they are sent to the customer for approval.
- Review and be responsible for all project setup tasks, including project plans, schedules, deadlines, goals, and objectives.
- Review and be responsible for all project documentation throughout the project duration. (e., addendums, RFIs, meeting minutes, etc.).
- Review and be responsible for project RFIs, schedules, and other MillerClapperton related documentation.
- Review and be responsible for project Shop Drawings to ensure that they accurately portray MillerClapperton’s Scope of Work before they are released to the customer for approval.
- Review and be responsible for square foot checks and panel counts of the scope of work before a project’s Shop Drawing review to be compared to the totals from an estimate.
- Prepare a written project plan and schedule once Shop Drawings have been approved.
- Coordinating with MillerClapperton Field Operations Segment Manager to source and select an installation subcontractor or in-house crews to ensure a safe, timely, and cost-effective installation.
- Review and be responsible for material takeoffs in preparation for material requisitions and procurements for Project Director approval.
- Review and be responsible for project Part Drawings through multiple rounds of changes and corrections before ultimately approving them for production release.
- Review and be responsible for a project’s production release prepared by the assigned Junior Project Manager or Assistant project Manager.
- Review assigned project’s job card to ensure the accuracy of job costs towards MillerClapperton Cost Codes and reconciling them should there be any discrepancies.
- Coordinate with outside subcontractors and in-house installation crews to ensure that deadlines are met in accordance with the project schedule and with the quality that is expected.
- Coordinating with MillerClapperton Segment Managers to ensure that the assigned project(s) schedule requirements can be met.
- Traveling to project jobsites to attend meetings or when in the best interest of the project.
- Prepare monthly billing invoices in accordance with the schedule of values. Approve invoices directly related to the project.
- Manage project change orders, project budgets, subcontractor’s extra work, etc. within the project’s contractual requirements to ensure that MillerClapperton is fairly compensated for all work performed on a project.
- Accurately update the Master Release Schedule daily and confirm its accuracy weekly.
- Accurately update the dates in the Milestones section of the Intranet and confirm its accuracy monthly.
- Perform monthly job card reviews with the Project Director.
- Perform quarterly job card reviews with the CFO.
- Attend all assigned project kickoff meetings.
- Attend all assigned project shop drawing review meetings.
- Attend all assigned project pre-scan, post-scan, and model review meetings.
- Enter time worked through the current time tracking system on a daily basis.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and exactness is extremely important in this position.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of MillerClapperton employees, customers, and personalities.
- Ability to manage stress and high-pressure situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are very important to communicate with employees and customers.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills are necessary due to the demands of the position.
- Out of state traveling by car or airplane will be required.
- On the jobsite training will be required.
- Exposure to typical construction work areas and jobsite terrain.
- Work on platforms, aerial lifts, and personnel hoists.
$1.5 – $5 million of unbilled revenue
Join the MillerClapperton Team
Life At MillerClapperton
Bids / Quick Quote
Terms & Conditions