REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
Within the Engineering Department, there are multiple disciplines; shop drawings, 3D modeling, and fabrication drawings. A candidate must possess the necessary skillsets to perform at least one of these disciplines based on the responsibilities and requirements listed below.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Attend and participate in project-specific meetings to discuss a multitude of potential subjects including but not limited to, project design, scope, schedules, etc.
- Work in conjunction with Project Management staff to create submittal drawings using computer-aided design software (i.e., AutoCAD and/or 3D software). Drawings will include plans, elevations, sections, and details necessary to describe our scope of work adequately and accurately.
- Incorporate changes/modifications to drawings at the direction of Engineering staff, Project Management, the General Contractor, and Architect.
- Attend and participate in project-specific meetings to discuss a multitude of potential subjects including, but not limited to project design, scope, schedules, etc.
- Create three-dimensional models based on point cloud data gathered on-site via laser scan technology.
- Perform analysis of the as-built structure to determine the exactness of the substrate or identify deficiencies to present to Project Management for their review and further use.
- Apply building panels to the point cloud in accordance with the intent and direction provided in our approved shop drawings. Provide new or modify existing details to meet as-built conditions.
- Provide a complete set of drawings designed specifically to assist personnel in the field with layout and direction for the installation of our panels.
- Using the approved shop drawings, design calculations, and the 3D model, create fabrication drawings for every individual and unique panel for specific release to Production.
- Assist Project Managers with detail and design ideas to improve project conditions or installation.
- Assist with the creation and completion of installation drawings for field personnel.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, etc.) and PDF software (Bluebeam, Adobe, etc.)
- The ability to interact and communicate effectively (both written and oral) with in-house staff
- The ability to perform in a challenging and sometimes stressful environment while under stringent deadlines
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and exactness are extremely important in this position.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills are necessary due to the demands of the position.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient with 3D modeling software such as Rhino, Revit, and Solidworks or other computer-aided software
- Experience working with laser scanning technology and point cloud data is a plus but not required
- Experience in construction and/or manufacturing industries
- The ability to read and interpret Contract Documents such as architectural drawings, specifications, supplemental instructions, etc.
- A general understanding of construction practices, principles, methods, and techniques.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College graduate preferred
Life At MillerClapperton
Bids / Quick Quote
Terms & Conditions