Field Operations Panel Installer
REPORTS TO: Field Operations Foreman
The primary purpose of a Field Operations Panel Installer is to be an installer of all cladding materials on a project, operate equipment safely, maintain QAQC standards, and be an asset to the other team members on a project. You are a fully capable individual who has experience installing exterior cladding with minimal assistance. This position will provide knowledge to team members based on your professional experience and it is an in-the-field position.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Must be able to read installation drawings to properly install wall cladding & panels.
- Must be able to install wall cladding, specifically MCM panels, efficiently and with the expected quality.
- Installing zee furring channels, sealing penetrations, and installing insulation.
- Must be able to prepare and properly caulk and seal the required panel joints on a project.
- Perform Safety Audits on installation equipment.
- Work safely following OSHA standards.
- Must be able to recognize hazardous conditions and prevent near-misses and incidents before they happen.
- Troubleshoot field condition problems and collaborate with the Foreman and Superintendent on the solutions.
- Ability to manage stress and high-pressure situations.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills are necessary due to the demands of the position.
- Out-of-state traveling by car or airplane will be required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Background and experience in construction are required.
- Background and experience in exterior wall cladding, curtain wall systems, glazing, waterproofing, and/or other building products are required.
- Must have hands-on construction experience and/or have previously been employed with an exterior cladding company, curtain wall company, or commercial contractor.
- Must possess the ability to manage the demands of multiple tasks.
- Must have a problem-solving attitude and the ability to figure out solutions and convey them written and verbally to the project Foreman.
- Must have or obtain the required OSHA & safety certifications.
- Must have experience operating and certifications for aerial lifts, scaffolding, swing stages, and other installation equipment.
- Have the experience and ability to use in-field technology tools such as iPad.
- Must demonstrate the aptitude to read, understand, and follow installation drawings to complete the installation of wall cladding.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude to learn, understand, and teach construction sequencing, quality standards, and product limitations.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks that may vary in urgency.
- Exposure to typical commercial construction work areas and job site terrain.
- Work on platforms, aerial lifts, and personnel hoists.
- Lifting 50 lbs. or more, bending, kneeling, walking over rough terrain, walking up and down stairs, and other commercial construction conditions occur daily.
Life At MillerClapperton
Bids / Quick Quote
Terms & Conditions