REPORTS TO: Senior Project Manager
WORK LOAD: $0 – $5 million of unbilled revenue
A Project Manager is the primary point of contact and manager of MillerClapperton’s projects within the Project Management segment of MillerClapperton. The primary purpose of a Project Manager is to successfully manage the projects assigned from project kickoff to project completion and to complete them at or under budget. Additional purposes include the responsibility to oversee and mentor multiple Junior Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers. A fully capable individual who has a depth of knowledge in our subcontracting business and is capable of handling multiple projects with minimal assistance.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Directly manage all aspects of the assigned projects from Project Kickoff to Project Closeout.
- Review and manage assigned project’s contracts and ensure that the scope of work, installation durations, and other items within MillerClapperton’s control are properly represented and noted.
- Review and be responsible for all product submittals matching the estimated and quoted products before they are sent to the customer for approval.
- Review and be responsible for all project setup tasks, including project plans, schedules, deadlines, goals, and objectives.
- Review and be responsible for all project documentation throughout the project duration. (i.e., addendums, RFIs, meeting minutes, etc.).
- Review and be responsible for project RFIs, schedules, and other MillerClapperton related documentation.
- Review and be responsible for project Shop Drawings to ensure that they accurately portray MillerClapperton’s Scope of Work before they are released to the customer for approval.
- Review and be responsible for square foot checks and panel counts of the scope of work before a project’s Shop Drawing review to be compared to the totals from an estimate.
- Prepare a written project plan and schedule once Shop Drawings have been approved.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude to make decisions quickly and convey accurate information to Project Managers, project installer, MillerClapperton customer, and other MillerClapperton Segment Managers.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks that may vary in urgency between multiple projects and multiple segments within MillerClapperton.
- Coordinating with MillerClapperton Field Operations Segment Manager to source and select an installation subcontractor or in-house crews to ensure a safe, timely, and cost-effective installation.
- Review and be responsible for material takeoffs in preparation for material requisitions and procurements for Project Director approval.
- Review and be responsible for project Part Drawings through multiple rounds of changes and corrections before ultimately approving them for production release.
- Review and be responsible for a project’s production release prepared by the assigned Junior Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager.
- Review assigned project’s job card to ensure the accuracy of job costs towards MillerClapperton Cost Codes and reconciling them should there be any discrepancies.
- Coordinate with outside subcontractors and in-house installation crews to ensure that deadlines are met in accordance with the project schedule and with the quality that is expected.
- Coordinating with MillerClapperton Segment Managers to ensure that the assigned project(s) schedule requirements can be met.
- Traveling to project jobsites to attend meetings or when in the best interest of the project.
- Prepare monthly billing invoices in accordance with the schedule of values. Approve invoices directly related to the project.
- Manage project change orders, project budgets, subcontractor’s extra work, etc. within the project’s contractual requirements to ensure that MillerClapperton is fairly compensated for all work performed on a project.
- Perform monthly job card reviews with the Senior PM.
- Accurately build and update scheduling information into the company scheduling software. (ASTA Power Project)
- Perform quarterly job card reviews with the CFO.
- Attend all assigned project kickoff meetings.
- Attend all assigned project shop drawing review meetings.
- Attend all assigned project pre-scan, post-scan, and model review meetings.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of enterprise software, hardware, and other equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
- Able to learn fast and support new software application.
- Ability to multitask while displaying a strong attention to detail.
- Able to work with or without direct supervision.
- Able to work in a team and independently.
- Experience working with customer support.
- Must possess solid analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or construction industry is a plus.
- A high degree of accuracy and exactness is extremely important in the performance of this job.
- Due to stringent schedule requirements it is sometimes necessary to work additional hours above and beyond a typical 40-hour week to complete an assigned task.
- Present yourself in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and exactness is extremely important in this position.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of MillerClapperton employees, customers, and personalities.
- Ability to manage stress and high pressure situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are very important to communicate with employees and customers.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills are necessary due to the demands of the position.
- Out of state traveling by car or airplane will be required.
- On the jobsite training will be required.
- Exposure to typical construction work areas and jobsite terrain.
- Work on platforms, aerial lifts, and personnel hoists.
Life At MillerClapperton
Bids / Quick Quote
Terms & Conditions