Field Measuring Tech
REPORTS TO: Field Measurement Manager
The primary function of this position is to travel to job sites and obtain specific measurements of building structures using a 3D Laser Scanner and provide the results to the Engineering segment. This position is designed for individuals interested in the construction industry who enjoy travel.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Attend project pre-scan meetings to learn the expectation and information to complete a scan trip.
- Traveling to job site; arrive on time at the office or job site to be available for work or travel arrangements.
- Present yourself in a professional manner, while ensuring the job is completed to company standards.
- Provide accurate building measurements utilizing our 3D scanner and other measuring methods.
- Prepare neat, accurate, and easy-to-follow measurement documents for the engineering department.
- Attend and be the lead person of post-scan meetings to present the findings of a job site visit.
- Promptly return calls, emails, and other correspondence that originate from project managers or other company employees.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Interact and communicate effectively (both written and oral) with in-house staff, as well as with customers.
- Must possess the ability to manage stress and high-pressure
- Basic Microsoft Office software skills required.
- Must have a professional and confident attitude.
- Must have attention to detail and be able to follow directions.
- Must have a clean driving record and active driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass basic background checks (when access to secured sites is required).
- A high degree of accuracy and exactness is extremely important in the performance of this job.
- Must be willing to undergo cross-training by working in other company segments, including but not limited to field operations and production departments.
- Must be physically able to occupy and work on commercial job sites. Lifting (ability to lift up to 50 lbs.), bending over, kneeling, and other physical activities are required for this position.
- Must not be afraid of heights: work on platforms, aerial lifts, and personnel hoist required (training provided).
- Due to stringent scheduling, overtime may be required to complete an assigned task.
- Evening and weekend work may be required depending on the needs of our clients and the project.
- Out of state travel by car or plane will be required.
- On the job site training will be required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least 18 with a High School diploma (or equivalent).
Life At MillerClapperton
Bids / Quick Quote
Terms & Conditions